AUDITIONS for the 2018-2019 Season: Saturday, August 4 and August 5, 2018 at 2:00pm
Lab 87: A Teen Actor’s Conservatory is FPCT’s pre-professional training program intended for serious performers ages 13-18. Named after the year FPCT’s original teen ensemble , the Players, was founded in 1987, Lab 87’s curriculum is designed to increase a young actors’ knowledge of various performance techniques, mastery of their craft, and provide in-depth ensemble work, as well as special performance opportunities. Admission is by audition only in August of each year. Previous members are automatically enrolled into the upcoming program. Lab 87 meets weekly on Monday evenings from 6:30pm-8:30pm during the academic year.
Previous acting and/or musical theatre course work or equivalent experience is required. Recommended prerequisites include Acting/Musical Theatre and/or a Performance Showcase.
Tuition is $475 for the academic year. Payment plans and tuition assistance available.
A member of our elite group of Actors will receive:
- Pre-Professional Training
- Teaching Assistant Internship
- Master Classes
- Students participate and perform at Panoply
- Tour of UAH Theatre and information about the Theatre Program
- Discounts on additional Academy Classes/Camps and Performance Showcases
Teaching Assistant Internship Requirements:
To help performers build their resumes and broaden their skill set, Lab 87 students are required to participate in a minimum of 12 volunteer hours. A minimum of 6 hours must be acquired each semester. All hours must be completed by May 4th, 2019.
Below is a list of acceptable options for achieving these hours:
Teaching Assistant Internship Opportunities
- Fall or Winter-Spring Classroom Assistant (12 hrs)
- Fall or Winter Spring Advanced Musical Showcase Tech Crew (9 hrs)
- Madison Street Fest (3-7 hrs depending on shift)
- Fall or Spring Break Camp (15 hrs) *Students will work either a morning (9-12) or afternoon (12-3) shift*
- Education Booth @ VBC (3 hrs per show)
Auditions for the 2018-2019 Conservatory
Saturday, August 4 and Sunday, August 5, 2018
Audition Location: Fantasy Playhouse Children’s Theater & Academy
Actors should prepare a one-minute monologue of their choice and plan to move and have fun and take part in a group audition.
For more information, please contact:
Candice Cooper, Education Director
Kailey Burkhardt, Lab 87 Conservatory Director
Dana Clark, Lab 87 Conservatory Coordinator